Missionary, God Follower, Teacher, Mathematician, Chronically Late, Knitter, Singer, Musician, Eternal Optimist, Traveller, Coffee Lover, Photographer... Just a Day in the Life!

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Life

I have been thinking about a blog update for a couple of weeks now; but I didn't want to post just for the sake of it. I wanted to have something worthwhile to say, and I think I have it.

I read a blog post (Grace For The Road) by another girl who has an excellent blog. It was a link on Facebook and I clicked it because... well, why not? I read it and was challenged by its content. Do I live life with all I have? Do I live every day as if it belonged to God? Do I love every moment He gives me and thank Him always for all He's done? Do I know Him inside out and strive to know Him more? What do I need to change in my life for it to look like the life He wants?

As is often my response, it sparked a poem in me and I thought I would share it...


Life

Life is not to be wasted.
Life is not to be squandered.

Life is a gift,
To be loved, and lived
    As if it were temporary,
    As if it might be taken away,
    As if it were not yours in the first place.

Life is a loan, borrowed time,
A present from the Most High.

You do not have life because you chose
Or even because
    Your parents chose.
You have life,
Because the I Am chose.

He chose you,
  He made you,
    He named you.
He let you borrow life,
  He asked you to live,
    He invited you to be alive.

This life you lead,
The breath you take,
The time you have,
Is all from Him; enjoy it.

Do not waste or squander
That which the Almighty has chosen
To give to you.

Life is precious;
No one else can live the one you have.
    It will contain failure,
    And disappointment,
    Heartache and pain.
But sorrow lasts for a night,
Joy comes in the morning.

Life will contain sunsets and sunrises
    Rainbows and birdsong
    Family and friends
Life holds potential, possibility
And hope.

God has given breath
    Choose to use it to praise Him.
God has given you a beating heart
    Choose to use it to love Him.
God has given you life
    Choose to use it to glorify Him.

This time, this life,
That God has given to only you;
    Choose to use it, to worship only Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment